The City of Toronto’s Parks, Forestry and Recreation group has partnered with the TCA to use its ice rink at Nathan Philips Square for a weekend “try curling” event. We’ve pulled a plan together. Now we need volunteers to make the whole thing happen!
WHEN? Friday, February 23 through Sunday, February 25
- Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
WHERE? The ice rink at Toronto’s City Hall… in Nathan Philips Square.
WHAT? We need people who can offer 4 hours of their time to perform one of a number of roles:
- Greeters… who can invite and encourage people to try throwing a few stones
- Line-up coordinators… to manage people who are waiting their turn to try
- On-ice coordinators… help non-curlers have their turn throwing some stones
WHY? This gives people the opportunity to touch a curling stone and to see that curling is, in fact, fun and accessible!
WHO? You and a friend! Anyone is welcome to participate. As a volunteer, recognize that you’ll be interacting with the public and you’ll be representing the curling community. If you want to come out to throw a few stones… that’s cool too!
You will be presented with a form that will:
- Help you identify that you’re interested; and
- Let you indicate when you are available to help.
© Copyright Toronto Curling Association — Design by Mobywan