TCA News on Safe Return to Curling Regulations and Guidelines
First off, we hope this message is finding everyone well. It’s been a very busy past few months as we have been sorting through a variety of updates and information. I am pleased to share with you an update regarding COVID-19 and the impact on curling at TCA clubs.
· *MOST IMPORTANT** The direction from the federal and provincial government regarding COVID-19 guidelines is being updated daily, so TCA clubs will be adjusting their re-opening strategies accordingly. Please keep checking back with your home club (website and contact info can be found here: /clubs/) and on our website www.torontocurling.com/covid-19 for the most updated information.
The TCA has been working with each curling facility, as well as CurlON and Curling Canada, to share information about the safe return to curling this fall. I am providing a couple of important updates and clarifications that we encourage you to carefully consider:
· Many people have been curious about how decisions are made. Once federal and provincial guidelines regarding businesses re-opening are provided, the TCA and TCA clubs are able to react and adapt.
· TCA events and programs are under review and are pending more information provided by the government. We will update you as soon as more information becomes available.
· Many clubs have been surveying members for their thoughts on returning to curling. These surveys are important to clubs, as they are using this information to guide their decisions on re-opening in the fall. We thank everyone who has taken the time to provide their feedback to their home clubs and encourage you to continue doing so going forward.
· The Return-to-Play Guidelines from CurlON can be accessed here: /covid-19/ It’s also important to note that the Return-to-Play Guidelines set out by CurlON and Curling Canada are not hard and fast rules, but rather a guide on how to re-open safely.
· CurlON has a helpful FAQ section that is being updated daily. We encourage you to visit it for the most up-to-date information. The link to it can be accessed here: /covid-19/
· Each curling facility has its own unique factors and therefore there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to new rules and regulations that will be in place at each club. Each club will have to decide which approach they will have to take to re-opening based on many factors including physical layout of the curling facility. It is of the utmost importance that you watch for communications from your club on what next season will look like.
· The TCA and TCA club managers continue to meet on a bi-weekly basis to share information, best practices and work together to find a safe return to curling. We thank all TCA club managers for their dedication, thoughtfulness and team spirit in working towards a safe return for curling in Toronto and the GTA.